- Grant payments shall not exceed $5,000 per grant application.
- Projects and/or services must be primarily involved in health and human services and civic and community programs that impact mothers and/or children.
- All grant applications must be submitted electronically. Mailed or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants can apply only on behalf of programs and services that are sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The grant does not fund individuals or companies.
- Grant applications may be submitted beginning on Mother’s Day of the year before the grant is funded.
- Deadline for Grant applications is March 1st at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Only one (1) grant application will be accepted per year for any one organization. If multiple applications are received from any organization, all applications from the organization will be invalid.
- American Mothers, Inc. reserves the right to reject a Letter of Inquiry or a Golden Rule Grant application for any reason.
- Grants will be awarded by April 30th after the March 1st deadline.
- Before the grant money can be dispersed, the organization receiving a grant must execute a Terms of Grant document.
- Organizations that have received a grant must submit the required progress and final reports. The final report is due by April 1st in the year following receipt of the grant.
- If an organization has received a Golden Rule Grant, that organization must skip at least one year before submitting another application.
This information will give the grant committee an understanding of your project and its goals. Please be as complete as possible.
- Cover letter which includes a brief introduction of your organization, indicating mission and goals of your organization, the project for which funding is being requested, and the amount desired.
- Detailed description of the programs and activities for which funds are requested. Include age, gender and if those benefiting from this program are considered an underserved population; if so, why.
- How does this project exemplify the Golden Rule?
- Include a list of other agencies/organizations with which you work collaboratively and how.
- Proposed budget for this specific project indicating how the funding will be used.
- How much of your overall budget is dedicated to administrative costs and overhead?
- Do you have matching funds for this project?
- Current year financial statements, previous years reviewed financial statements within last 3 years, and current year annual operating budget.
- Copy of your 501(c)(3) letter from the IRS indicating your exemption number.
- 2 Letters of memorandum of understandings from collaborative agencies (where applicable)
- List of each potential or committed donor you are soliciting for this project. (For committed donors, list amounts received or pledged for this program/project.)
- Current list of Board of Directors, officers, and key personnel who will be coordinating the project. (Include address and occupation, if applicable)
If additional information is needed, or to submit any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org