American Mothers, Inc.® is committed to valuing mothers through service and education and has been MomStrong since 1935. As the official sponsor of Mother’s Day and the Mother of the Year®, American Mothers is the voice of 85 million mothers in America.
Honoring the mission of the organization founders Eleanor Roosevelt, Sara Delano Roosevelt, Mamie Eisenhower, JC Penney, and Norman Vincent Peale, American Mothers is dedicated to improving the lives of mothers and children in the US and around the world.
Each year American Mothers honors motherhood by naming the National Mother of the Year® and hosting the Mom to Mom Conference. As a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) centered at the United Nations, and leader of the Global Motherhood Coalition, American Mothers organizes annual panel discussions and participates in high-level meetings focused on issues impacting mothers and children. By bringing mothers together from across the country, American Mothers organizes maternal energy for positive change.
Many outstanding individuals throughout the US have served as officers, leaders, members, and supporters of American Mothers including Phyllis Marriott, Congresswoman Corrinne “Lindy” Boggs, and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. After 82 years we are still #MomStrong!
“To champion women by honoring, educating and serving mothers at home, at work and in the world.”
To be a nationally recognized and respected voice on issues impacting mothers.
- An abiding respect for mothers and their role in society.
- A desire for collaboration between mothers in service for the common good.
- A heart of compassion for issues and challenges facing mothers around the globe.
- An acknowledgment of diversity among mothers and their individual choices.
- A recognition of the power of a mother’s inner strength.
- A commitment to honor mothers for their leadership and service at home, at work, and in the world.