We need American Mothers to be the eyes and heart of this nation! You can help end modern-day slavery by LOOKING for warning signs in your neighborhoods. It is time that we take back the hidden corners of our nation and ensure that all within our borders are safe and free to enjoy life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. YOU can make a difference.
KNOW the signs of human trafficking, REPORT suspicious behavior, UPLOAD pictures of the hotels/motels that you stay at into a searchable national database saw law enforcement officials can identify the rooms that trafficked victims are staying in.
Learn more about Massage Parlor Trafficking.
Understand what Human Trafficking is by reading about the different types of sex and labor trafficking which include: Carnivals, Hotels and Hospitality, Pornography, Commercial Cleaning Services, Outdoor Solicitation, Illicit Massage, Health and Beauty, etc.
Common Work and Living Conditions: The individual(s) in question
- Is not free to leave or come and go as he/she wishes
- Is under 18 and is providing commercial sex acts
- Is in the commercial sex industry and has a pimp / manager
- Is unpaid, paid very little, or paid only through tips
- Works excessively long and/or unusual hours
- Is not allowed breaks or suffers under unusual restrictions at work
- Owes a large debt and is unable to pay it off
- Was recruited through false promises concerning the nature and conditions of his/her work
- High-security measures exist in the work and/or living locations (e.g. opaque windows, boarded up windows, bars on windows, barbed wire, security cameras, etc.)
Poor Mental Health or Abnormal Behavior
- Is fearful, anxious, depressed, submissive, tense, or nervous/paranoid
- Exhibits unusually fearful or anxious behavior after bringing up law enforcement
- Avoids eye contact
Poor Physical Health
- Lacks health care
- Appears malnourished
- Shows signs of physical and/or sexual abuse, physical restraint, confinement, or torture
Lack of Control
- Has few or no personal possessions
- Is not in control of his/her own money, no financial records, or bank account
- Is not in control of his/her own identification documents (ID or passport)
- Is not allowed or able to speak for themselves (a third party may insist on being present and/or translating)
- Claims of just visiting and inability to clarify where he/she is staying/address
- Lack of knowledge of whereabouts and/or do not know what city he/she is in
- Loss of sense of time
- Has numerous inconsistencies in his/her story
This list is not exhaustive and represents only a selection of possible indicators. Also, the red flags in this list may not be present in all trafficking cases and are not cumulative. Learn more at www.humantraffickinghotline.org.
Did you know that married men with children are the biggest financial supporters of this industry?
An army of MOTHERS can be the biggest threat to the Human Trafficking industry!